The theme for Edufest 2011 was titled ‘Youngistan Ki Udaan-Part 2’. This followed the previous year’s theme which focused on channelizing children’s perspective on the genius within themselves and the importance of having a personal vision.
The next important step was to prepare them for the challenges of impending adulthood. A variety of sessions on important life topics were held. ‘Parivartan-Kali se Phool’ was a session that dealt with the transition of young girls into women, addressing issues like coping with physical changes, interaction with the opposite gender, preventing child abuse, managing relationships, cultivating the right values and setting worthwhile goals to pursue.
‘Rupiyon Ki Samaj’ highlighted the importance of money today and addressed concepts like the value of money, budgeting, saving, banking, fixed deposits, the evils of money lending, investment areas and micro finance.
‘Udhyami aur Swatantrata’ dealt with the concept and encouraged independent thinking and entrepreneurship.
‘Nari Neta’ was designed to unlock the potential for self-development and leadership in children. Physical and mental fitness was propagated through yoga, excerise and positive visualization.
‘Learning science through fun’ was another module that taught the kids science through fun with thrash.
Schedule of Edufest 2011:-
- Inaugural Ceremony
-Chief Guest- Mrs. Revathi Srinivasan
-Guest of Honour- Rev. Sr. Annie Fernandes
- Transition to womanhood-Parivartan- Kali se Phool
- Money Matters-Rupiyon ki Samaj
- Entrepreneurship and Self-help- Khari Kamai aur Swatantrata
- Proactivity and Leadership- Nari Neta
- Interactive Session-Young Achievers
- Closing Session
- Trekking to Yeoor Hills-Tandrusti, Dhairya or Tej Dimaag
- Keynote Speech- “Mystics of the Himalayas”- Unchaiyon Ko Chhuna
- Learning Science through Fun- Khel Khel me Seekh
- Science Fair for the Non-Participating children of Ma Niketan
- Interactive Session- Adult achievers- Kuch Kar Dikhao
- Closing ceremony
-Chief Guest Mrs. Samruddhi Porey
-Guest of Honour- Mrs. Mita Rout
- Entertainment Programme